Friday, September 9, 2016
Monday, May 16, 2016
1) keep it safe,Carry the card always with you and produce whenever required
2) Do not erase,amend,tamper or stick anything on the Emirates ID card
3) Report any change in your details of the card to the EIDA department within one month .
4) if the card us lost report it within 7 days
5) at last but not the least if you find an ID card please hand it to the EIDA service center or nearest police station.
Posted by saneeth at Monday, May 16, 2016
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Dates to remember
Until February 28, 2009
Expatriates working in the government sector and all professional expatriates
- Category 2
From March 1 to June 18.
Students and administrative staff in the private sector (translators, secretaries, typists, storekeepers, receptionists).
- Category 3
From June 20 to September 30
Private and public transport drivers, and unskilled or semi-skilled workers in the private sector like housemaids, cleaners, farmers, fishermen, security guards, watchmen and all other unannounced workers except Group 4.
- Category 4
From October 1, 2009 to December 31, 2010
Construction workers in the private sector
What is Emirates ID card
The Emirates ID card is an electronic means of identification that EIDA undertakes to issue for all population of U.A.E. It is mandatory for each national or expatriate person above 15 years old.
Coupled with sophisticated technological features, EmiratesID card is a safe and fine means for identification of persons and verification of their identities. It contains an ID number that links every individual to his/her own personal and biological lifetime data. The number in question serves as a reference for the respective individual in his/her identity-proved transactions with government bodies and some private organizations.
It is expected that the ID card would, later,replace all currently applicable other identification means such as labor permit, health card,driving license, etc